Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Painting the Pool Deck and other Pandemonium

Today seemed like a very productive day. We got a brand new, bigger water heater. The smaller one is original to this house (a.k.a. 20 years old) and not only was it on its last legs, it wasn't really big enough for the house. We looked into tankless water heaters, but since we don't have gas, we did some research and found out that there wasn't a huge benefit to running one on electric. Instead there is a timer installed on this one that will turn it off during the night and a switch so that we can turn it off if we go out of town, so we should save energy that way.

Look, a new water heater! (Insert ooohs and ahhhs here) I know, I promised a more exciting post with the title, but figure "and other Pandemonium" gives me some artistic license. Plus, the pandemonium happened when the plumber turned on his pump to drain the original water heater and the power went off. He couldn't get it to come back on so the hunt for an electrician started. Luckily, the electrician was able to get power up and running again, but I expect we'll need a new fuse box sometime in the not too distant future. Here's hoping we can hold off on that for at least a few months!
Okay, okay, now onto the excitement that I promised...
The pool deck got painted today! Goodbye faded pink, hello "New Tile Red."

"Mommy, I want to go outside and help paint."


"Why doesn't anyone ever let me go outside??? It's the only thing I want to do in the whole world. Can someone call Animal Protection Services please?"

Finally, the pool deck got finished... almost. We ran out of paint with just this small patch left. *sigh* But the rest of the pool deck looks awesome, and you can't see it in these photos, but there is sand in this paint to give it better grip for the pool deck.


Bowden approves of the new color.

Below are some gratuitous dog shots since I tortured you with water heater stories at the beginning of this post:

"Can someone please get my ball?"




"No really, I could use some help with my ball here people!"

First dip in the pool, for both of them.


Didn't take Bowden long to find out where the most comfortable spot to cool off was. When he gets hot, he runs straight to this stair for a dip.


Then, once his energy is restored, he's back to his usual crazy self.

And I do mean crazy.



The end.

1 comment: